Healthbeautyidea.com – Cognitive disorders in general can be interpreted in a disorder in the mind of a person or it can also be in the memory of someone, in which case can have a very bad impact on the sufferer.
In general, someone affected by cognitive impairments will have a dependency to the closest person when he or she will do an activity, the individual will always need someone else to help him live his life, such as eating, going to the toilet or when going to dress up.
Cognitive disorder definition
Cognitive disorder is a disorder and condition that affects a person’s thinking ability. Individuals with such problems will have difficulties with memory, perception, and learning. Despite being different from actual knowledge, cognition plays an important role in one’s ability to learn and eventually live a healthy and normal life.
According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V), cognitive problems could fit into the following categories:
Types of cognitive disorder
Dementia is a broad term that includes conditions affecting memory. One of the main signs of dementia is memory loss, which often lasts progressively. One of the most common types of this condition is Alzheimer’s disease.
This is a condition characterized by poor or delayed learning developments. Autism disorder goes into this classification.
Delirium is a quick change in perception or consciousness. This happens very suddenly and lasts only for a short time, but it can drastically affect mood and behavior.
When there is a disruption or complete breakdown of a person’s memory, perception and consciousness is then known as a dissociative disorder. One’s thoughts, feelings and sensations become disconnected from each other.
It is often caused by psychological trauma, especially during childhood and adolescence, dissociative disorders can range from amnesia to double personality disorders.
Amnesia also known as Amnesia syndrome, involves a loss of memory, including experience and fact. However, unlike what is depicted in films, one does not lose his identity.
Is there a feeling of being disconnected from yourself and watching the action yourself remotely? Then it can be a sign of depersonalization disorder. This period of detachment can be repetitive and persistent, resulting in dysfunction and difficulty in the individual.
Sometimes emotional stress, sleep deprivation and use of alco**hol can trigger random episodes of this detachment in healthy people. However, if there is a similar persistent and repetitive episode, then it can be a sign of distraction.
Causes of cognitive disorders
From a depiction there is a function of an individual mind previously. Cognitive disorders occur can be caused by some things including:
- As a result of exposure to toxins
- As a result of brain damage
- Brain injury: occurs or from time to time, especially when it is subjected to stroke and difficulty in remembering certain information, limited in speaking and losing some memory.
- Unknown cause: There are many causes of unknown cognitive impairment which is like Alzheimer’s where experts say if this happens because of a deposit plaque named amyloid but it is still unclear how the plaque is formed.
- Substance abuse: Drugs or alco**hol that can lower cognitive abilities and it can lead to health problems such as memory loss.
- Effects of psychoactive drug abuse.
- Other diseases: such as HIV and Parkinson’s.
Cognitive Disorder Treatment
To address cognitive disorders in particular mild cognitive disorders, it can actually be done not only by consuming drugs, counseling and also cognitive behavioral therapy, but it can also be done in a way and natural ingredients such as:
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet.
- Exercise and stay active.
- Supplement consumption, such as Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin D3, and CoQ10.
- Consumption of Ginkgo Biloba and Ginseng.
- Give social support.
- Reduce exposure to toxic and certain medications
- Consumption of cabbage.
- Balanced Diet consumption
- Consumption of Asparagus Racemosus Wild.
- Amla or Indian Gooseberry.
- High Protein Foods.
Delirium, may be disappearing spontaneously or when an underlying medical condition is successfully addressed. As well as supervision of a hospital scope may be necessary.
Treatments available for Alzheimer-type dementia are limited to medications that may slow down the progression of the disease but cannot cure it.
Memory may return spontaneously or with effective treatment of underlying conditions.