Erythromycin Side Effects, Contraindications, and Rules of Use – Erythromycin is a macrolid antibiotic that can be used to treat various types of bacterial infections, such as infections of the skin, eyes, ears, urinary tract infections, and breathing. The drug can also be used to prevent recurrence of rheumatic fever attacks in patients who have allergic reactions to penicillin or sulfonamide antibiotics.
In certain cases, the doctor may prescribe interactions to address long-term skin disorders, such as acne or rosacea. In overcoming infections, interactions work by killing the bacteria causing the infection. The drug can be consumed by both older people and children.
Respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissues, pneumonia, GO, infection due to germs that are sensitive to erythromycin.
The rules of drug use.
Always follow the advice of a doctor or read the instructions on the drug package before taking it. The drug is taken when the stomach is empty or as directed. We recommend that the drug be taken 2 hours before meals.
The dosage will be administered according to medical indications. Take this drug to completion. If discontinuing the use of this drug before the prescribed time, the bacteria may reappear. Tell the doctor if the condition deteriorates.
- Be careful if you suffer from Myasthenia Gravis, heart rate disorders, porphyria, and kidney and liver organ problems.
- Erythromycin should not be taken along with cisapride, Simvastatin, lovastatin, and ergotamine drugs.
- Do not conduct vaccinations derived from weakened bacteria, such as typhoid vaccines, when consuming erythromycin. Because this drug can reduce the effectiveness of vaccines.
- Erythromycin is an antibiotic, then this drug is not suitable for the use of infections caused by viruses, such as flu.
- If there is an allergic reaction or overdose, immediately meet the doctor.
Read also: Glimepiride side effects, and How to use it
- Impaired hepatic function severely.
Not everyone can take this drug, the sufferer known to have the following conditions should not take it:
- Has a history of hypersensitive or allergic to erythromycin content.
- Suffering from impaired liver function.
- Undergoing treatment with terfenadine, astemizole, Pimzide or cisapride.
Erythromycin Side Effects
Any drug could potentially cause certain side effects. Side effects do not necessarily occur in any application of the drug. However, excessive side effects should immediately obtain medical treatment.
Erythromycin is generally well tolerated, but can differ for each person. There are some Erythromycin side effects that may arise and should be considered, such as the following:
- Stomach pain and cramps.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Heart rate changes (slowing or getting faster).
- Pruritus ani (anal itching).
- Mild pancreatitis.
- Hepatic dysfunction.
- Ventricular arrhythmias.
- Hearing loss.
- Loss appetite.
If the side effects deteriorate, contact your doctor immediately for medical treatment.
The use of interactions drugs that do not conform to the rules of use and appropriate dosages will cause some side effects. In addition, patients with contraindications will also have side effects when taking erythromycin.
Drug interaction side effects for patients with allergies include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, urticaria, and rash. Interactions medication can also effect your hearing if you get a large dose of administration.
Erythromycin will also cause side effects in the form of chest aches or pains, heart disorders, cholestatic jaundice, and arrhythmias. If you experience any of the side effects that have been mentioned then please stop the use of the erythromycin drug.
Seek medical help immediately in case of any of the following side effects which are rare, but serious.
- Unusual fatigue
- Hearing Loss
- Unclear articulation of speech
- Muscular weakness
Do not underestimate the side effects caused by the use of the erythromycin drug. Seek immediate medical assistance if you experience these side effects so that you immediately obtain proper medical assistance.
There are some other side effects that have not been mentioned above. If experiencing other effects, ask the medical personnel.
Read also: 9 Herbalife Side Effects You Need To Know
Thank you very much for reading Erythromycin Side Effects, Contraindications, and Rules of Use, hopefully useful.