Liposuction: The facts, benefits, technologies are used for, how its work, and How much is liposuction? Liposuction is cosmetic surgery used to remove unwanted body fat. This operation is usually done in the area which still fatty when diet and exercise have done, but not potent fat burning as well. In women, an area that is often the target liposuction is usually in the area of the abdomen, thighs, and hips. Well, consider the fact that you should know before and after doing liposuction.
Facts about liposuction
- Liposuction is not for obese people.
- Liposuction surgery performed by dermatologist and plastic surgeon.
- Ultrasonic and laser technology as the latest way.
- Need a few months to see the results.
The benefits of liposuction.
Liposuction method is relatively safe because before surgery is done, it will be done a series of inspection of the condition of the body to avoid ill effects after surgery. The benefits that can be felt include:
- Fat deposits are relatively more quickly removed and the body can look more compact in a matter of hours, without having to undergo a strict diet that takes time and energy.
- Patients can determine which body fat area can be discarded, for example, the part of the cheek, part of the thigh, abdomen, the lower waist or the arm.
- New body shape changes can long-term without side effects for the patient that follow the doctor’s recommended dietary restrictions such as avoiding any kind of food that enters the category of foods low in nutrients (junk food)
- Liposuction method is done because the needs of aesthetics, cosmetics and health of the patient’s body for the long term, so that adapted to the condition of the body so that the recovery process is quicker..
- Liposuction Method can remove fat that sags on the thighs or abdomen becomes flat and slender and changes it to become tighter.
What technologies are used for liposuction?
The first time liposuction was discovered only by using a suction or vacuum machine, but as the development of technology has sprung a more sophisticated machines simplify the Act of liposuction, enhance comfort and safety for the patients, such as: Liposelection by Vaser, Vibrolipo or Microaire and the latest technology is Laser Lipolysis.
In recent years, liposuction procedures had already been improved so as to make the liposuction safer, easier, and less painful. Some liposuction procedures that exist today include:
- Tumescent liposuction. Like surgical procedures in general, anesthesia is used for areas of your body where the tube will be inserted. Furthermore, a large amount of anesthetic solution containing lidocaine and epinephrine injected into fatty tissue prior to liposuction is performed. This method may not require a general anesthetic that will make you sleep during this procedure.
- Ultrasound liposuction. This technique uses ultrasound to liquefy fat, which makes it more easily removed. This technique can greatly help eliminate fat in the upper part of the neck, stomach, side, and back.
- Laser liposuction. This technique uses low-energy waves to melt fat, issued through the small cannula.
How liposuction surgery works.
During the surgery, the doctor will make a small incision in the skin and injecting the mineral-based anesthesia. This surgery technique called “tumescent” technique that works by preventing excessive blood loss, but raises the swelling and bruising in the aspirated fat area.
After that, the doctor will insert an empty tube called a cannula into the small incision, useful crushing of hardened fat deposits and sucking fat in certain body parts. The aspirated fat will fit in the tube container with brownish yellow results.
How much is liposuction?
Liposuction costs vary widely, depending upon several things, such as a plastic surgeon who performs, clinic or hospital that hosts, and method of liposuction being used. It is recommended to prepare more funds for unexpected additional requirements, about 20-30% of the estimated costs, for example for the need of hospitalization.
- In 2016, the average cost for liposuction was $3,200.
- The average cost of liposuction is $3,374, according to 2017 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- In the UK, liposuction ranges in price from about £2,000 to £6,000, depending on where you go and the body areas being treated
Thank you very much for reading Liposuction: The facts, benefits, technologies are used for, how its work, and How much is liposuction? Hopefully useful.