The appearance of acne is human. Generally, acne appears on the face and back, but often acne also arises in the chest area. The onset of acne on the chest makes it uncomfortable when rubbing against the clothes. It can also interfere with the appearance of wearing open clothes.
Chest is a very common place for acne onset. Just like in our face, shoulder, or back, the chest sebaceous gland can be overloaded with oil, causing clogged pores, which causes inflammation, and formation of pimples or whiteheads.
How To Get Rid of Chest Acne
Here’s How To Get Rid of Chest Acne, according to dermatologists
Watch the routine after workouts
It is worth noting that the clothes can accumulate sweat and friction that cause acne. It is advised to use clothing made of fabrics or made of cotton for the skin to breathe.
Change clothes after sweating
The next way How To Get Rid of Chest Acne is change clothes after sweating.
Acne on the chest is caused by clogged pores. After a workout and sweating a bath and replacing the clothes that cover the skin pores are not blocked. If you don’t have time to rinse with water, use a damp or dry towel to clean your chest.
Like the face, the body should also be exfoliated to peel off dead skin cells that inhibit the pores of acne causes. Exfoliation one to two times a week will remove dead skin cells that can clog pores and form acne.
Use bath soap containing benzoyl peroxide
The next way How To Get Rid of Chest Acne is use bath soap containing benzoyl peroxide.
The bathing soaps in the market have the different fragrance variant. However, if you have acne on the chest, It is advised to choose a bath soap that contains benzoyl peroxide.
Benzoyl peroxide is a great ingredient for acne on the chest because it kills bacteria that live in the pores but also helps remove the obstruct. Start with a concentration of 4% to 5%, and rise to a stronger formula if your skin is not irritated and your acne has not disappeared.
Use a cleaner containing salicylic acid
Salicylic acid becomes a substitute option if the benzoyl peroxide content does not work in your skin. Just like benzoyl peroxide, start with a lower concentration and slowly use a higher one.
Check detergent used
The next way How To Get Rid of Chest Acne is check detergent used.
If you’ve done all of the above, but the pimples still appear, then check the detergent you are using. It is possible that you are allergic to certain chemicals or aromas in detergent. Use dye-free detergent, deodorizer-free and cloth softener. Often aromas and the dyes are causing problems.
Vitamins are the best way to get nutrients that can eliminate acne. Zinc in vitamins reduces skin inflammation While vitamin E can help heal your skin.
Read also: How To Prevent Cystic Acne
Natural Treatments to Eliminate Chest Acne
Here are some natural ways of eliminating acne on chest.
The first natural treatment How To Get Rid of Chest Acne is diligent self-cleaning.
The first thing to do is to bathe as soon as possible when your body sweats from the activity. The water and soap you use when bathing is able to remove oil, sweat, and sunscreen mixed with dust that can cause infections of the hair follicles from your body. Try to always use salicylic acid that can reduce inflammation and remove the dirt in the pores.
Sea salt content can be believed to heal, cleanse, and eliminate acne and its severity. To eliminate acne quickly by using salt water, the thing you have to do is:
- Prepare 1 liter of water in a large bowl and add 1 cup of sea salt
- Then soak the clean white cloth into the container
- Squeeze the salt water, but don’t get too dry
- Wipe the washcloth into the chest area, neck, shoulders, and upper arm
- Clean the whole area, then let dry for 2-3 minutes
- Repeat the procedure 4 to 5 times.
One of the main reasons why lemon is effective at eliminating acne in the chest is due to its acid levels. Lemons can clean up the dirt that has been stuck in the pores for quite a long time.
- Cut the lemon into two parts
- Rub into the chest area and let stand a few moments
- Rinse using clean water
- But for those of you who have sensitive skin, try to cut the lemon in small size according to your skin needs then add sugar as a natural scrub
- Do this way 2 to 3 times a week.
Baking soda can be used as a natural ingredient for skin exfoliation. Baking Soda also has some anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the amount of acne you have.
- Mix soda with a little water
- Applicants in breakout area
- Let stand for 10 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
- Do it twice a week.
Cinnamon and Honey
Cinnamon is very effective to eliminate acne because has antimicrobial properties in getting rid of bacterial cause acne. Honey on the other hand can also act as an antibiotic so that both can be mixed together.
- Wash your chest area first and make sure it’s clean and dry
- Mix honey and cinnamon until like pasta
- Apply on the chest area and let stand for 15 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly using warm water.
One of the benefits of egg whites is to help get a variety of nutrients and minerals that the skin needs and it is effectively able to eliminate scars left by acne.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites
- Whisk the egg whites until smooth and foamy
- Apply egg whites directly to the breakout area
- You can add layers with new layers, each drying layer
- Rinse with warm water and wipe until dry using a soft, clean cloth.
Besides being able to clean teeth, it turns out that toothpaste can cure acne too, The microbial properties of the bacteria can also help get rid of the bacteria that cause acne in the chest.
- Before sleeping at night, apply toothpaste in the breakouts of the chest area
- Make sure to apply the whole and leave it overnight
- In the morning rinse with cold water
- Do this every day until the acne dries up
In some people, toothpaste can irritate the skin, so it is crucial you do the right way and technique. Do not continue this method if there is a disturbance or complaint to the skin.