Bullying is one of the biggest problems that exist in the world of education today, because it can affect the mental development especially in the age of adolescence.
Broadly speaking, the definition of bullying is an action which is intended to allow a person to feel weak, helpless, or underestimated. Bullying is usually done in schools is harassment, physical violence, harsh words pronunciation / humbled, and so on.
How To Prevent Bullying In School
- To prevent and inhibit the bullying among adolescents, the role required of all parties associated with teenage life environment.
- As early as possible, the children acquire the right environment. Families should be able to be a comfortable place for children to experience and be able to express their feelings. Parents should evaluate the interaction patterns that are owned for this and be the right model in interacting with others.
- Give reinforcement or praise on the behavior of social shown by the child. Furthermore, encourage children to develop a talent or interest in activities, and parents still have to communicate with the teacher if the child indicate a problem that comes from school.
- It is very important that the teachers have the knowledge and skills about how to prevent bullying.
- Teach children to protect themselves. Teach children to be self defense in the sense of avoid themselves from victims or perpetrators of violence. Told him, “If you hit by your friend, you have to inform the Teacher.” Not even taught the behavior or use force in reply to defend itself. In addition, taught to be assertive or say “no” to things that are indeed should not be done.
- Give a chance for children to want to communicate openly to parents, teachers, or other people who they believe can help them.
- Tell the child that none of the most appropriate way to deal with bullying, the way it looks right for someone may not be appropriate for another. The important thing is that the child is already trying, knowing the various options, and can decide who can help them so far. Advice to ignore the actions of the perpetrators could have been given, but it doesn’t always work. Other strategy need to be done.
Thank you very much for reading How To Prevent Bullying In School, hopefully useful.