How to prevent Dengue Fever you can do yourself at home and you have to do before there was one part of your family are exposed to the dengue fever. Dengue fever is an acute disease caused by dengue virus, which goes into circulation through mosquito bites from the genus Aedes, such as Aedes aegypti or Aedes albopictus.
There are four types of dengue viruses, but closely related, that can cause dengue fever. Dengue virus is a virus of the genus Flavivirus, Flaviviridae family. Dengue diseases found in tropical and Subtropical climates in different parts of the world, especially in the humid rainy season. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that every year, there are 50-100 million cases of dengue infection worldwide.
How To Prevent Dengue Fever
Dengue fever can be prevented by eradicating mosquito larva. This effort is the best way, powerful, cheap, easy and can be done by the community.
How to prevent dengue fever is as follows:
- Drain storage water (bathtub/WC, drums, etc.) at least once a week. Change the water in the vase, birdbath, Ant traps and others at least once a week.
- Closing water reservoirs to reduce mosquito breeding.
- Cover tightly shelter water, such as pots, drums, and others so that mosquitoes cannot enter and breed in that place.
- Grave or cast in place secondhand goods, such as cans, used tires, broken bottles, and others that can hold rainwater, in order not to become mosquito breeding grounds. Pieces of bamboo, coconut shell, and others so that burned along with other garbage.
- Folding the clothes or fabrics that are suspended in the room so that the mosquitoes are not resting there.
- For places where water is not possible or difficult drained, sprinkle abate powder into the puddle. Repeat this step every 2-3 months.
- Burn camphor in a room and close all the Windows and doors up to approximately 15 minutes.
- Use insect repellent to prevent mosquito bites both during the day and at night.
- Put Tulasi plant near the window of your home. This plant is able to prevent mosquitoes to breed.
- Bury used trash that has the potential to become a mosquito breeding ground.
In addition, to protect yourself from mosquito bites, the use of anti-mosquito lotion cream can also be the right choice. Use after bathing, especially in the morning or when going outside.
Thank you very much for reading How To Prevent Dengue Fever, hopefully useful.