There are several types of oral and dental diseases. Almost all diseases that occur in this area caused by poor hygiene of the oral cavity and teeth. One of the diseases that can occur inside the mouth is periodontal disease.
Periodontitis is an oral health condition was much more serious where the inflammation spread far below the gum line, involving bone and periodontal place. Periodontitis can cause infection in the socket, this can result in the loss of the tooth and surrounding bone if left untreated.
The problem diseases of the dental pulp and periodontal beginning of the formation of dental plaque. Dental plaque is a soft yellowish white deposit composed of salts saliva and oral microorganisms colonies (generally Streptococcus mutans).
Maintain oral hygiene is the most effective way of prevention in order to avoid disruption of the mouth and gums, on the case of periodontal disease.
How To Prevent Periodontal Disease
Here are some ways to prevent periodontal disease that you can do:
- Use a soft toothbrush to reach every surface of the teeth.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months.
- Select the right toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Brush your teeth properly. Be sure to position your toothbrush 45 degrees, i.e. the position of the teeth and gums meet. Meanwhile, to clean the inside surfaces of the upper and lower teeth, hold the brush vertically.
- Use dental floss at least once a day.
- Make sure you are doing the check to the dentist at least twice a year, in order for Your teeth and gums get the best care. It would be easier to anticipate the occurrence of tooth decay, gum disease or disorder, if you are known early on that could give rise to various risks of the disease.
- If you have periodontal disease, there will be special measures to prevent further inflammation. Your dentist will likely give antibiotics that corresponds to the cause of periodontal disease.
Thank you very much for reading How To Prevent Periodontal Disease, hopefully useful.