Healthbeautyidea.com – Paracetamol Medicine is a common pain reliever that you can buy in the drugstore to pharmacies.
Paracetamol is a mild to moderate pain reliever, and is usually used to relieve pain due to headaches, painful menstruation, toothache, to flu and fever.
Paracetamol is available in the form of tablets 500 mg and 600 mg, syrup, drop, suppositories, and infusions.
Paracetamol works by reducing the production of inflammatory causes of prostaglandins. With a decrease in the level of prostaglandins in the body, signs of inflammation such as fever and pain will be reduced.
There has been no report on the occurrence of fetal defects when paracetamol is used by pregnant women. For nursing mothers, paracetamol can be absorbed into breast milk, but in small quantities. Consult with a doctor to find out the benefits and risks of taking paracetamol during pregnancy or lactation.
Paracetamol Medicine Brands
Paracetamol medicine brands / trademarks: Panadol, Naprex, Paramol, Mixagrip Flu, Hufagesic, Paramex SK, Sanmol, Tempra, Termorex, Tylenol, Excedrin, Calpol, Tylenol, and Poro.
Things to note before taking Paracetamol
Although it is a free drug and rarely cause side effects, there are some things that should be considered before taking paracetamol. Otherwise, it is not unlikely that the drug will cause health problems that could harm the patient.
Consultation with certain conditions
For those of you who suffer from health problems in the liver or kidneys, be sure to consult a doctor about their use. Also, avoid the use of the drug in children under 2 years of age without supervision or instruction from a physician.
Do not consume alco**holic beverages
When using paracetamol, do not consume alco**holic beverages because it increases the potential health problems in liver organ function. Before making it a routine drug, seek advice from a physician. It is necessary to do so because the drug to cure epilepsy or TUBERCULOSIS can cause harmful chemical reactions.
It can cause side effects
If paracetamol does not indicate the efficacy that should be obtained or even cause side effects such as skin becomes reddish, the patient needs to be brought to the doctor. Thus, the impact of the use of paracetamol can get the necessary treatment. A patient’s checked with the doctor also needs to be done when its use exceeds the supposed dose or overdose.
Rules for taking paracetamol
Rules of taking paracetamol have been written on the drug packaging or doctor’s recommendation.
To relieve pain, aches, and fever, the tablets of paracetamol 500 mg are usually taken every 4-6 hours.
Swallow this medication completely without being crushed, chewed or broken, except when it is recommended by your doctor. If you are unsure about the information on the packaging, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Taking paracetamol with other drugs
If you are 16 years of age or older, taking paracetamol together with ibuprofen is safe, as there is no harmful interaction that can be inflicted by both drugs. You can take paracetamol and ibuprofen at the same time or separately at some time.
However, ibuprofen is better drunk after a meal or in a filled stomach. Also, be sure to take both types of medicines according to the dosage listed on the label or packaging. Paracetamol is also safe to take along with antibiotics.
Nevertheless, paracetamol may cause side effects when taken along with other medications. Here is the impact of paracetamol interactions with other drugs that you need to take note of:
- Reduces the effectiveness of paracetamol, when used together with carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, cholestyramine, and imatinib.
- Increase the risk of bleeding when taken together with warfarin.
- Increases the risk of side effects of paracetamol when taken together with metoclopramide, Domperidone, or probenecid.
- Increase the appearance of busulfan drug side effects.
Paracetamol Side Effects
In fact, very few people experience side effects from taking paracetamol. However, just like drugs in general, some people may experience certain reactions after taking paracetamol so they still need to be wary.
Various side effects of paracetamol that can occur include:
- Stomach aches
- Decease of appetite
- Murky urine
- Clay colored feses
- Jaundice (the skin or eyes yellowish)
In addition, there are also other side effects that are quite rare — only about less than 1 case per 1000 people — namely:
- Fever accompanied by chills or sore throat unrelated to previous illness
- Sores in the mouth and white spots appear on the mouth and lips
- Bleeding or unusual bruising
- Weakness, lethargy, tiredness, and pain in the lower back or sides
If you experience any of these side effects of paracetamol, contact your doctor immediately for proper treatment.
Are there any serious side effects of paracetamol?
While generally safe, pain medications such as paracetamol may cause serious side effects such as liver damage. It is characterized by a change in the color of the eyes or skin to yellow, a sign that the liver has been damaged due to drug consumption.
In this case, liver damage can occur as a result of taking paracetamol in high doses or long-term use. Not only liver damage, side effects of paracetamol can also cause stomach irritation to urinate or bloody bowel movements.
Paracetamol overdose is quite rare. Even if it occurs, the condition is classified as dangerous and can lead to serious damage to the liver and kidneys.
For this reason, make sure to always follow the dosage and rules for taking paracetamol as stated on the medicine package. Avoid taking any medication over the dose or without the knowledge of your doctor.
Tips for safe use of paracetamol
In order to avoid the side effects of paracetamol, understand how to take paracetamol the following correctly:
- Take paracetamol according to the recommended dose and avoid taking it in the long term.
- Avoid consuming alco**hol while taking this drug, because the combination of alco**hol and drugs will only aggravate liver disorders. The danger of paracetamol overdose is greater in heavy drinkers and people with alcoholic liver disease.
- Avoid taking more than one drug containing paracetamol at the same time, as this can lead to the maximum dose of paracetamol per day. For example, if you have a cold and a headache at the same time, avoid taking cold medicine and headache medicine that both contain paracetamol.
- Tell your doctor if you take paracetamol at the same time as other medicines such as aspirin or ibuprofen because it can increase the chance of experiencing side effects.
- Immediately consult a doctor if you take too much paracetamol, even if you feel healthy and do not experience the side effects of paracetamol as above. Because, there could be a delayed reaction and if it continues, it can even increase the risk of heart damage seriously later on.
Paracetamol is a pain medicine and fever medicine that is safe for consumption by infants to adults. Even so, still follow the dosage and the rules for taking the medicine as stated on the medicine package. Avoid taking the drug in excess of the dose or in the long term, to minimize the risk of side effects of paracetamol on the body.
Thank you very much for reading Paracetamol Medicine: Brands, Rules for Use, How to Store It, Things to note before taking It, and Taking With Other Drugs