To be a healthy adult you need to be a healthy teen first. A healthy diet can be started from the early stage of your life. As well as a health diet, you also need a good fitness to support all of your activity. As we know, teens have lots of activity which involve brain and body. They are still active at school and they need good nutrition for their brain to absorb the lessons very well. Remember, a healthy mind needs a healthy body. Here you will find some good information about the teens health nutrition and fitness.
The first step is eating healthily. You might have a diet to lose your weight but dieting tends to last for a short time and usually leads to over-indulging eventually. The only way to keep your weight is creating a healthy eating habit. The consideration is a habit will last forever rather than dieting. For having a healthy eating habit for your nutrition, you can follow these steps:
- Avoid eating too much sugar because sugary food will have negative effects on your health. Sugar only provides you calorie without any nutrients. Using sugar should be at least 15 percent of your daily intake, no more, or you can take natural sweeteners or low-calorie artificial.
- Healthy snacking is a great idea between meals for supplying you more energy to keep your brain and body functioning well. Besides, it gives you good nutrition for your health. Healthy snacks include fruit and vegetables, whole grains, protein and dairy and miscellaneous snacks.
- Fruits and vegetables you can take are apples, grapes, bananas, pears, cherries, peaches, strawberries, sweet peppers, carrots, broccoli, celery sticks, or cherry tomatoes.
- Whole grains act as good carb and fiber here. They include raisin bran, rolled oats, whole grain cereal, whole wheat crackers or whole grain bread.
- Protein and dairy is good for reproducing your bones, brain tissue and muscles. You can take cheeses, veggie burgers, low-fat milk, nuts, beans, tofu, eggs, fish or non-fat yoghurt.
- Miscellaneous snacks you can try are vegetable omelets, smoothie, tomato soup, bananas and peanut butter, air-popped popcorn and herb seasoning, whole grain cereal and milk, or whole grain crackers and salsa.
Note: Take small portions only! You may not overeat.
At the teens age, the body is still growing rapidly so it need good nutrition to support the growth. As a result, maintaining a healthy diet is good for your hair, skin and weight. Food and fitness is a good match for your health, so besides taking a health food you need to have a regular daily exercise. It is the best choice for becoming a healthy adult. Leave the habit as a couch potato and feel good mentally and physically as a teen. Leave the video games, surfing the net or watching TV and work out. Students need to do the activity which let them sweat and breathe hard for at least 20 minutes for 3 out of 7 days. Male students likely have sports teams run by the school to get the regular exercise.