White spot on tonsil – The tonsils are lymphoid tissue located in several places in the oral cavity and pharyngeal cavity. The best known tonsils are Palatine tonsils located in pharyngeal (right-left, back of the tongue), almond-shaped, pair, and easy to see. The function of the tonsils is to fight infection in the body, especially in the area of the mouth are caused by viruses, fungi or bacteria in a way helps the body produce antibodies to help fight infection.
Almost all the white spot on tonsil due to buildup of pus (a collection of white blood cells, debris, dead microorganisms and so on) as a result of an infection. This problem is not rarely accompanied other signs such as fever, sore throat, and pain when swallowing.
But there are also some other conditions that can cause the disorder. Some of them are:
Causes White spot on tonsils
Tonsillitis, mainly caused by a bacterial infection. It is a condition when the onset of infection in the tonsils. Supposedly, the tonsils help prevent the infection gets into the body. Tonsillitis is caused by bacteria and viruses that can be transmitted. Symptoms of tonsillitis include fever, sore throat, and swollen tonsils look red and sometimes yellowish white spots indicating chronic tonsillitis.
It Is a bacterial infection of the Corynebacterium diphtheriae. Symptoms of diphtheria include chills, fever, the appearance of thick gray spots on the tonsils and throat, swelling of the glands in the neck, cough such as barking, bluish skin, sore throat, a sense of discomfort, and mouth continues to dispense saliva.
Yeast infection/oral thrush.
Read also: How To Prevent Yeast Infection.
Tonsil stones (due to buildup of leftovers, bacteria, white blood cells, debris, fibrin etc in the long term which eventually hardens), mainly occurs in patients with chronic tonsillitis whose tonsils have a lot of crypts (a kind of indentation that can become a place of deposit/buildup of such substances. Also known as tonsilloliths.
Mononucleosis is a viral infection that affects the throat that causes some disorders such as sore throat, fever, loss of appetite, and even the formation of white spot in the throat.
Sore throat is a type of throat infection caused by bacteria. Strep throat can cause fever, swelling in the throat and the appearance of white spots around your throat.
Sprue is caused by a fungal infection that causes pain in the mouth. This condition can affect the tongue and palate that makes you feel uncomfortable.
How to treat white spots on tonsils
- Give yourself the tranquility and the rest. Moral and physical stress provokes complications, and even body that too much exercise will be recover longer.
- Avoid eating spicy food, greasy food, and fried food,
- Gargle with salt water or antiseptic solution,
- Treat the throat with a local antiseptic, eg, Lugol, dissolving it with water.. This procedure will help remove plaque and removes the focus of infection.
- Drink plain water.
- Take lozenges and tablets for the throat (choose one, they have the same effect). The most popular is Lizobact Neo, Septolete, Strepfen, Grammydin.
- If it is a stone of tonsils, actually can be removed by using a cotton bud, if it is not loose, do not force it, it will cause injury to the tonsils.
- Further strengthen the immune system. To do this, you can use traditional medicine or pharmaceutical preparations, for example, vitamins, food supplements, special immunostimulant.
- If the pain and inflammation in the throat, as well as plaques on the glands, appear too frequently (more frequently 5 times a year), then you must completely remove the tonsils or at least try cauterization.
- We still advise you to immediately visit the ENT Specialists, in order to do a series of further examination in order to make known the exact cause of the condition experienced by you so that the proper handling of the end can be given.
Thank you very much for reading Causes White spot on tonsils, and How to treat white spots on tonsils, hopefully useful.