Well, hormones, especially progesterone starts to increase and change, after a woman becomes pregnant. They, not you affect the growth of your baby, but it also changes the chemistry of your body. So, if you are pregnant, then make sure to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
What you should do before getting pregnant?
If you and your partner have decided to get pregnant, then before that, make an appointment with your dentist, he will not only clean your teeth but will also the health of your gums. And if the dental doctor gets any issues, you can address them together before pregnancy.
It can happen that you might not notice much difference in your dental health during the three months of the pregnancy, but do not stop working hard on your daily flossing, brushing and rinsing. The swollen gun can lead to other issues, such as gingivitis and periodontal disease in any month of the pregnancy. With the increase of hormones, you can face dry mouth, especially during the night.
Around 10 % of pregnant women will face pregnancy granulomas, or gum tissue growth, which is usually purple in color. Hormones lead in relaxing ligaments of your body, including in your mouth, so be sure to keep an eye on any loose teeth.
Here are a few tips to be kept in mind in your pregnancy days:
- In any case, if you feel morning sickness, then wash your mouth as quickly as you can. If your toothpaste is making you feel disgusting, then remove your previous toothpaste and get a milder one.
- Make sure to clean your front and back tooth while your pregnant. Do wash your gum line because not doing this can give you pregnancy gingivitis and also the teeth and biting surfaces to prevent decay.
- If you eat anything during midnight, then don’t forget to brush your teeth to reduce the chance of cavities.
This is not only essential for you, but for your new baby as well. Bad dental health can lead to premature birth and low birth weight in babies.
You can even visit a dentist or you can know about dental products online to be used during pregnancy. Well, it is very important to have professional cleaning during pregnancy to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
If the state of your dental health is not well, then your dentist may order you to come back for another checkup while you are pregnant. There is no harm in getting other cleaning than risking your teeth with bacterial infection or increase of gingivitis.
Well, most of the dental products are unisex, but the ingredients in some products may be more helpful for women when their hormones are running out.
There are 3 types of dental to be used by pregnant women:
- Toothpaste without Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: This toothpaste is best for the mouth. This is commonly used during pregnancy and menopause. This causes the composition of your saliva to change. Having Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in your toothpaste can dry out an already parched pallet.
- Phenol-Based Ointments: This product is best for fever blister; it can be commonly used during your periods. Fever Blisters are also known as cold sores. 45% of Americans are already affected with fever blisters. This oral disorder is caused by a virus called herpes simplex. Most of the women face an outbreak during menstruation.
Well, fever blisters can be cured from the phenol-based ointment. The ingredients help in reducing the pain of the canker sore.
- Benzocaine Toothpaste or gel: This paste is best for swollen gums and is commonly used in pregnancy but before your period. Changes in hormones can cause gums to become red and tender during pregnancy and your monthly period. Make sure to go to the doctor if your inflammation is a cause of concern. 20% of Benzocaine in the paste or gen can ease the pain. Benzocaine is a numbing substance for oral irritation.
The study says that many pregnant women previously did not pay much attention towards their dental problem during their pregnancy. Pregnant women may have expanded the risk of tooth decay because of the huge amount of carbohydrate consumption and even face problems while blushing because of morning sickness and gum bleeding. Pregnancy is a crucial period for a woman, so make sure to follow all the above-discussed products that can help you in maintaining good health.
You don’t have to struggle a lot for these products though you can easily buy dental products online at Dentestore.com. Hope, this blog has made you doubt crystal clear overuse of dental products during pregnancy. So let me brief you again with all the aspects – Brush daily, twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. Daily do floss between your teeth. Try to eat a balance diet. Do remember to visit your dentist regularly for professional cleaning and check-up.