Low back pain is a pain in the waist or lower spine that can be felt in the buttocks and thighs. Even in some cases, the pain felt by the sufferer can spread to the legs.
There is one medical condition that many of us experience, namely lower back pain. Here are some facts about the disease:
- Eight out of ten older persons will experience lower back pain during their lifetime
- It affects both men and women equally
- In 2010, lower back pain caused more disability globally than any other medical condition
- Lower back pain is the most common cause in workers and the main reason why they do not enter work
- In 2013, nearly 3 in 10 older persons had lower back pain in the last 3 months
The lower back is composed of backbone, ligaments, and muscles. This part of the body is a strong structure, and plays an important role in supporting the body when standing upright or when moving in various directions.
In addition, on the back, there are also nerves that function to regulate movement and catch excitatory from the lower body. This spinal cord is present inside the spinal cavity, and it is protected by nerve pads.
If there is a disturbance in these structures, lower back pain will appear.
Low Back Pain Symptoms
Signs of lower back pain include:
- Muscle pain
- Pain like being stabbed
- Pain that radiates to the limbs
- Aches in the lower back area
- Limitations of movement of the lower back or waist.
- After carrying heavy weight items triggers the onset of pain in the back that is very painful and chronic.
- The back pain will begin to be felt when used for walking or sitting. But lying down and standing is relatively imperceptible.
Low Back Pain Causes
Knowing the symptoms of back pain is important so that we can prevent it. Moreover, to treat lower back pain is not easy. Especially if the condition is already in a chronic state.
It usually takes a few days to several weeks for lower back pain to be overcome and gone. From a number of cases, this condition will generally disappear after more than a month of treatment.
To relieve and overcome pain disorders in the back this needs to be adjusted to the cause. Well, here are some factors that cause lower back pain that you should know
Low Back Pain Diagnosis
Diagnosis of lower back pain can be upheld with interviews and a series of physical examinations. In addition, there are also supporting checks that can be done, such as:
- X-ray exposure
- Examination of structures and organs in the body
- Blood test
- Bone examination
- Neural examination
Lower Back Pain Treatment
Lower back pain can be overcome by administering painkillers. A warm compress on the lower back or bathing with warm water is also useful, especially for relaxing muscles. Likewise with light massage.
In mild cases, doing stretching exercises is enough to help relieve pain. For example, doing certain yoga or stretching movements.
If the pain does not decrease, do not hesitate to consult a doctor. Later, doctors can give injections in the form of injecting steroids and physiotherapy. If the cause is abnormalities in the spine, usually the doctor recommends surgery.
One of the most recent treatments for sciatica is the DST (discseel) procedure to close and heal the torn spinal disc wall. The treatment was developed by Dr. Kevin Pauza.
It uses biological Fibrin injected through a 0.8mm needle to repair a damaged disc, allowing a person’s body to replace damaged cells with new cells.
The treatment that Nonaka and his team developed was primarily aimed at complaints of low back pain and sciatica caused by a slumped disc (due to herniation, bulging, or leaking), as well as patients who suffered from severe pain but did not meet the criteria for surgery.