Foods Low In Carbs (and Low Sugar, High in Protein) – Carbohydrates are actually very important nutrients for the body. However, some people may need to limit carbohydrate consumption for certain reasons, such as going on a weight loss diet (such as a keto diet), controlling blood sugar, or other health reasons.
Luckily, for those of you who are losing weight, a food menu is mandatory. In addition to having to reduce fat, you can also get around it by eating low-carb foods. What are they?
A wide range of low-carb food sources for a successful diet
Low carb animal source group
All animal source foods are low in carbohydrates, but there are some that are much less carbohydrate than others. E.g:
- Lean beef.
- Skinless chicken meat.
- Eggs, 2 medium size eggs contain 1.1 grams of carbohydrates.
- Crabs, 100 grams of crabs contain 1.2 carbohydrates.
- Fresh sardines
- Meat: turkey, lamb, pork.
- Seafood: shellfish, tuna, shrimp, catfish, cod, lobster and herring
Beef is one of the foods with zero carbohydrate content. Beef is also another source of nutrients the body needs, such as iron and vitamin B12. As long as it is properly processed and consumed naturally, beef can be a side dish to aid the diet.
Chicken meat, especially the skinless part of the chest, becomes a very popular type of meat in various types of diets. Chicken meat contains a variety of nutrients, and protein is the key nutrient. Chicken meat is also one of the foods with zero carbohydrate content.
Low carb vegetable group
In addition to being high in vitamins and minerals that are important for the health of the body, some vegetables also include low carbs so that it is suitable as a diet food:
- Broccoli. Per 100 grams of broccoli contains 6 grams of carbohydrates.
- Spinach. Per 100 grams of spinach the carbohydrate content is also about 6 grams.
- Cauliflower. Per 100 grams of cauliflower contains 5 grams of carbohydrates.
- Celery leaves. Per 100 grams of celery you can get about 2.1 grams of carbohydrates.
- Asparagus is included in low-carb vegetables because it contains 5.8 grams of carbohydrates per 100 grams.
- Mini cabbage,
Other Foods Low In Carbs
- Low carb fruit group: Cucumber, kiwi, avocado, strawberries, Watermelon, Orange melon, lemons, oranges, and raspberries
- Low carb processed food group: Cheese, yogurt, Cheddar, Yogurt is high in fat, Greek yogurt, Oil.
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, cashews, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
Foods Low In Carbs and Sugar
Carbohydrates can be converted into glucose and blood sugar levels in the body can soar sharply. The pancreas then releases insulin to stabilize your sugar levels. However, those of you with the blood sugar disease should be careful because the pancreas does not release insulin optimally. Therefore, it is best to eat foods that are low in carbohydrates only, as follows. If you want sugar levels to remain normal, check out the following review.
Beef, turkey, chicken, duck and lamb are all types of meat that are high in protein, but low in carbohydrates and low in sugar. Processed foods such as ham, bacon, sausages, steaks and burgers are also low in carbohydrates and sugar. This is true if the processing is boiled, and sautéed.
Health effects of eating too much meat
Other Foods Low In Carbs and Sugar
- Grains and nuts.
- Dairy products.
Foods Low In Carbs High in Protein
If you are still confused about choosing a healthy snack high in protein, you can choose the following snacks
Two boiled eggs
One large egg on average contains 6 grams of protein and only 0.6 carbohydrates. Eggs contain high nutrients and tend to be lower in calories than most foods. In addition, consuming eggs is also not difficult. In fact, just by boiling it can already be enjoyed.
Egg diet to lose weight, is it safe?
A spoonful of peanut butter (30 grams) can give you injections of 8 grams of protein and 6 grams of carbohydrates. Combine it with celery sticks and the snack contains only 12 grams of carbohydrates. You can also combine it with carrot pieces for a satisfying snack.
Other Foods Low In Carbs High in Protein
- Greek yogurt.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Protein shakes.
- Cottage cheese.
- Packaged fish.
- Energy balls.
- Protein snacks.