Why I Can’t Lose Weight? Having excess weight is certainly not good for health. Because, overweight and obesity can cause a number of dangerous complications.
Here are some dangers of obesity for health to be aware of:
- Obesity is at 2 times the risk of coronary heart attack, stroke, diabetes mellitus (diabetes), and hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Obese people are at three times the risk of gallstones
- Obesity is at risk of causing breathing blockages while sleeping
- Obesity is at high risk for cancer, where men are at high risk of colon and pros**tate gland cancer, while women are at high risk for breast and cervical cancer
- Obesity risks increasing fat in blood and uric acid
- Obesity can lead to decreased rates of reproductive fertility.
Why I Can’t Lose Weight?
Weight does not drop quickly
If one day you weighing and the results actually go up, do not immediately assume the diet does not work because the weight fails to fall. This is natural, because usually a new weight drops after you go on a diet for two weeks.
Many people lose weight in the first week when the diet is low in carbohydrates, but actually it is due to water weight loss. This is the initial stage of weight loss during the diet, then your scales will begin to decline and slow down.
If the weight scales never decrease, it does not mean the diet fails. It could be that your muscle mass increases and ultimately keeps your weight scales unchanged.
To ascertain exactly what happens when the weight has not been seen to drop, it is recommended to use other gauges in addition to the weight scales. For example, use a measuring tape to measure waist circumference, or use an accurate fat measuring device. You can consult a doctor to find out what your current fat percentage levels are.
Older persons need 6-8 hours of sleep each night, sleep habits that are less than 5 hours each night, related to weight gain.
Lack of sleep can affect hormones that regulate appetite and hunger are disrupted. So you become eat more often.
Lack of sleep also makes the body feel lethargic throughout the day, thus making you lazy to exercise.
Drinking less water
Drinking 2-6 glasses of water daily can help you lose weight. Because water has no calories, so it can treat thirst without gaining weight.
Simply drinking water can also avoid the consumption of soda, juice or instant coffee that has high calories and sugar, which is often the cause of weight gain.
7 Days Lemon Water Diet to lose weight 10 kg
Stressful conditions can interfere with the smooth running of your diet. Moreover, if the stress persists. Not only that, stress can also trigger health problems. Stress inhibits weight loss by:
- Increases the production of the hormone cortisol. Prolonged stress can lead to too much cortisol production, thus increasing appetite. As a result, abdominal fat also increases.
- Makes you “cravings”. When stressed, usually a person tends to consume sweet and fatty foods as an “escape” and a way of calming himself.
- Makes you lazy to exercise. In fact, exercise is an important factor in weight loss.
To prevent this from happening, try to overcome your stress. Take the time to go through hobbies and take a short break when you feel stressed. If necessary, perform relaxation and meditation techniques to lower your stress levels. Staying away from sources of stress is also no less important.
One of the reasons why weight loss is difficult is because you usually skip breakfast. Skipping breakfast will make you feel hungrier in the morning, making you consume excess food during lunch time. Try breakfast an hour after waking up with a healthy menu rich in fiber.
Read more about Reasons Why is it difficult to lose weight
Thank you very much for reading the reasons Why I Can’t Lose Weight. Hopefully useful.